A global community for creating a sustainable future
Bringing volunteers together with Global Commons
The Global Commons platform connects participants, leaders, and supporters from around the world to further the mission of Pachamama Alliance: To educate and inspire individuals everywhere in finding ways to bring forth a thriving, just and sustainable world.
This platform is designed to foster conversations and the sharing of ideas and experiences that originate in the events and programs of Pachamama Alliance, and to empower collaboration on local, regional, and global scales.
“It’s important for our organization to have flexible software for the changing needs of our community.
Open Social is great to build upon. We spend 20% of our resources on development unique to our community. The other 80% is handled out of the box.”
– Chris Block, Web Developer, Pachamama Alliance
Pachamama Alliance’s Challenges
Creating a global learning community
Create a global community
Pachamama’s mission is to educate and inspire as many individuals around the world as possible, if they are to make a real impact in creating a sustainable future.
To achieve this goal, Pachamama needed an online community platform that is open, inviting, fully cooperative, continually engaging and able to connect thousands of people from around the world with Pachamama’s mission.
Make learning engaging and accessible
Pachamama offers a number of on- and offline courses, including their flagship ‘Awakening the Dreamer’ course inspired by their work with indigenous communities in the Amazon.
Pachamama needed a strong elearning component for their online community that could incorporate all the content of their existing courses and make learning a community experience.
How do we measure the success and continued growth of an online community? Pachamama needed good community analytics to make sure that their online community achieves their organizational goals and make sure it is continually growing.
Open Social’s Solution
Global Commons Volunteer Management Platform
Pachamama Alliance chose Open Social because it offered a unique range of member and volunteer management tools that they could build upon.
Pachamama Alliance can create community-based conversations around specific climate change issues that help members learn, grow and take local action.
Groups let members join groups formed around specific organizational initiatives, interest, as well as local Pachamama Alliance communities.
Events enable members to find or create on- and offline Pachamama events, including local meet-ups, conference calls and webinars that are accessible from anywhere in the world.
Pachamama was able to implement a transformative education program with Open Social’s customized course module.
For Pachamama’s ‘Awakening the Dreamer’ course we built a special course module that is now available to every Open Social client. With this course module members are guided through a step-by-step program, complete with video, text and an opportunity for members to keep track of their progress.
The courses also have their own online events that form part of the curriculum and facilitate community-based learning, even when participants are completing the course online.
Pachamama Alliance and Open Social co-developed an analytics module, making it easier to track community KPIs and growth for all Open Social clients.
Setting measurable KPIs for a community lets you see if members are interacting with content and what kind of content is the most popular.
Being able to measure what content works best helps site and content managers create content that helps your community grow.
Keep member data secure
We make sure the platform analytics are non-invasive. Members retain full control over their data security and privacy.
Global Commons Milestones
Pachamama Alliance experienced a quick, cost-effective, and easy launch of Global Commons with Open Social.
Pachamama launches pilot programs for the Courses and Quizzes extensions on their platform.
Global Commons reaches 4158 members in over 80 countries.
Global Commons doubles membership within a year to +8000 members.
Global Commons doubles membership again in less than a year to +17000 members.
See what other organization have achieved
with their Open Social communities
Are you interested? Let us show you how Open Social works!
See what Open Social will look like with your branding.
Ask our expert all the questions you have about online communities.
Share your personalized demo environment internally with colleagues and teammates.