Dissolve barriers and give your community members a fully mobile experience with a Native App.
As of February 2020, there are over 2.5 million apps available in the Apple store and 2.9 million apps in the Android Play store. While some digital experts had expected that consumers would suffer from app fatigue, the demand and use of native apps have only increased. An average person will spend up to 3 hours on their phone a day, of which 76 minutes is spent on social networking & music apps. Those are precious minutes that your users could be spending interacting within your community!
Your online community is already robust, thriving, and mobile-ready and friendly. Combining a community with the flexibility of an app will take a community to the next level.
Introducing an app to a community creates a bridge between the community and the mindset and behavior of members. Interacting in the community becomes so much easier as barriers are removed. The community is just a single tap away. It’s time to take the next step and extend the power of your community with the readiness of a Native app.
What is a native app?
A native app is an app for a particular mobile device (smartphone, tablet, wearable device.) The user must install the app directly onto the device by downloading them from an online store such as The App Store for iOS or Android Apps on Google Play.
At Open Social, we wanted to create a Native app for our clients for the following reasons:
- People can connect to Online communities easily from a mobile device
- Create an affordable mobile app solution for all of our clients
- Get communities online faster, with short timelines to get into the app store and marketplace
- Native apps have the advantage of being faster and more reliable in terms of performance.
The power of a branded experience
Branding is critical to an organization because of the overall impact it makes on your community. Branding is essential because not only is it what makes a memorable impression, but it allows community members to know what to expect from an organization.
People expect that everything should be accessible by mobile. If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard, ‘There should be an app for that!” I would be a rich woman. Richer still if I had created said app!
An app isn’t a fad. It needs to be apart of your business model and marketing strategies. By providing a community with an app, you are meeting their expectations, delivering world-class service, and above all else, your organization is acting as a modern business.
Do I need an app? (Yes, you really do! Here are six reasons why!)
- More connection. Your app’s purpose, for both your brand and your community members, is to be more connected.
- Expand past a traditional web experience. Your community is vibrant, but an app will that enhances your brand, rather than replicating the same experience you already offer with your website.
- Increased business visibility which promotes growth.
- Increased brand awareness because your name, logo, and colors are shown repeatedly and become apart of the mobile experience.
- Enhanced loyalty because of direct communication with members.
- Use data and information about a member’s preferences and behavioral patterns, which can be used to improve the experience.
A white-label app to easily access your community
Apps differ significantly in the range of price difference and capability. At Open Social, we’ve created a white-label app to get your community ready in the app stores quickly. Access to your community has never been easier. Making an affordable solution was an absolute priority for our customers.
Conquering the App Stores – We took the hassle out of it
Submitting apps to the app store can be a tricky process. We take the hassle out of it and do it all for you!
We’ve created a simple step by step process. We’ve developed a simple questionnaire and list of image requirements that you hand over to one of our team members. After a short consultation and payment of a setup fee, we get to work on making your app. In a few weeks, your app is ready for download in the app store! You can select which country you want to want it to be available.
Does that mean anyone can download my app?
In theory, yes, but it won’t grant them access to your community.
You still need to sign in to your community via the app and enjoy all the benefits of your community without having to remember the URL. Every time you get a new notification, you can see it on your phone, click it and respond directly to the message.
Get started today
Even if you don’t see an immediate need for your community to have an app, your members are sure of it. An app isn’t a fad. It is a necessary channel and tool for your organization. Our team of customer success managers and developers are ready to take your community further and help you make an app! See also our list of other available extensions to add to your community.