Deliver results that are long-lasting and contribute to the achievement of the SDGs
A platform that can sustain political momentum by connecting the right stakeholders with the right information.
A platform with easy-to-find resources and encourages knowledge sharing vital for achieving common SDGs.
Looking for a one-stop hub
GPEDC needed a platform combining community engagement and learning with an extensive resource library. The community provides the right in-depth information with various stakeholders that discuss topics, join groups, plan events, and work together to achieve results. Open Social was able to build a resource hub that caters to both the information and community needs of GPEDC.
A fresh design of Open Social
We created a new, simple, and clean design of Open Social that focused on information rather than images.
- Landing pages are created in a newsletter style with a focus on the title.
- Pages can be completely text-focused with no need for images at all.
- Profiles and groups are more structured to improve findability.
- Groups and events display activity statistics so users can determine relevance quickly.
The result? An attractive re-design of Open Social that can be requested for any existing Open Social community. See the new profile layout below!
The resource library is a one-stop shop for any community stakeholder.
Community managers choose which content is added to the library. Therefore, all resources remain relevant for knowledge sharing. Choose:
- The content added by default (e.g., discussions or topics)
- The content manually added (e.g., events or groups)
- The content suggested by users by approving/declining
Community managers have control over the curation and distribution of knowledge.
Curious about how the community is progressing? We'll leave regular updates here.
This is a relatively new community, so no data is available yet. However, the U.N.D.P. aims to build a community-led platform, with groups, discussions, and consultations initiated and used by practitioners from the GPEDC.