Hello you! We're on a mission to power positive change across the globe by building software help organizations fulfill their missions.
According to an employment study by renowned Dutch newspaper NRC, GoalGorilla is among the top 50 best employers for employee personal development in The Netherlands. Join us at our TQ.co office in Amsterdam or in Enschede.
What's the job?
Open Social is growing fast. That’s why we are looking for an all-around front-end developer to start on April 1st, 2018.
You’ll be working on our enterprise projects in Drupal 8 and joining our multi-disciplined team that builds large community platforms based on the Open Social software. This means working with user-generated content, tens of thousands users, and high-impact projects for global clients such as Greenpeace, Pachamama, and the United Nations.
You’ll be challenged and will get the opportunity to make a difference for the company, our customers, and their stakeholders across the globe.
One thing you should know: we're a people-focused organization. We help each other, mentor each other, and continuously work on our careers.
Who are we?
Open Social is an open-source platform used to build online communities. Replacing traditional intranets, Open Social fuels bottom-up innovation within organizations. Our customers are ideation, external, NGO's and nonprofits, and innovative companies.
Early versions of our software have won the Dutch Interactive Awards in 2015. The community platform Greenpeace Greenwire helps 90.000 active Greenpeace volunteers bring about positive change around the world. Our software increased their volunteering by 600% in The Netherlands alone.
Our software comes in three versions: free distribution, a fully maintained standardized software-as-a-service, and a custom enterprise edition. Open Social is built using 'Drupal 8’, a web technology for creating ambitious digital experiences. It has more than a hundred thousand active contributors worldwide. The product is funded by GoalGorilla, a leading Drupal agency from The Netherlands.
Open Social is based in tech-hub TQ in Amsterdam and in Twente, and both are part of the Dutch StartupDelta; Europe’s largest startup ecosystem.
We are an open adoption software company, meaning our products are free to adopt and open to modifying. We believe open adoption drives the next wave of software. Our collective pace of innovation will change the world.
We are on a mission to power positive change across the globe. We do this by becoming the most-used open source community platform, and by building software our users love.
The knowledge you bring to the team:
We're looking for someone who can offer both technical skills and functional solutions on dito level. Here are the skills you should bring to Open Social:
- Your experience with Git, Gulp, and SVG.
- You create work that is responsive, progressive and consists of approachable and performant HTML.
- You can easily translate concepts into prototypes and present these convincingly to colleagues and clients alike.
- You can bridge the gap between design and technology.
- You are able to organize your own work and work independently while pro-actively contributing to our Open Social product.
- You love to learn new things and to share your own knowledge with others.
- College level education or higher (or equivalent experience)
A passion for technology, and the ambition to change the world for the better.
Our stack: Git, Drupal, twig, bootstrap, Sass, jQuery, docker.
- Knowledge of / experience with PHP and Drupal.
- Knowledge of / experience with SCRUM or Agile methods.
We offer you these benefits
- A competitive salary and travel allowance.
- 50% work-from-home policy.
- Plenty of opportunities for personal growth. According to an employment study by renowned Dutch newspaper NRC GoalGorilla is among the top 50 best employers for employee personal development.
- Gym subscription.
- Pension plan.
- Fully catered group lunch.
- Participation in (international) events like DrupalCon and Web Summit, as well as fun activities like the Gorilla Run in London and our annual Christmas party.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please submit your application by sending your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. The first interviews are planned for March.
@ Recruiters: please do not approach us for acquisition.