Hi there 👋!
We are Open Social. We develop online community software (think: your own private Facebook platform) that helps organizations like Greenpeace and the United Nations fulfill their missions.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to help us to power positive change across the globe.
Sounds cool? Keep scrolling!
This will be your team!
What's the job?
As Technical Support Engineer you will be ensuring we have customers for life.
You are the primary point of contact for customers with questions or technical issues. You will perform triage, root cause analysis, debugging and solving across our cloud-based Open Social sites. You will help communicate progress updates, action plans and resolution details.
If you discover problems you cannot solve you’ll seek support and dialogue within the different Open Social development teams.
You take responsibility to stay up to date with the developments in the product and are able to handle routine maintenance or administrative operations in our platform.
The Technical Support Engineer is a new position with the organization. Depending on ambitions and experience, the position can be more supportive or more of a leading role where you have the opportunity to build a best-practice support team and nurture it’s growth.
A bit about us
Open Social empowers people by providing an open-source platform to build online communities of like-minded individuals. Replacing traditional intranets, Open Social fuels bottom-up innovation within organizations.
Early versions of our offering have won the prestigious Dutch Interactive Awards. The project, Greenpeace Greenwire, helps more than 100.000 volunteers of Greenpeace bring positive change to the world around the globe. In The Netherlands alone, the software increased volunteering by 600%.
We offer our software in different versions: a free distribution, a fully maintained software-as-a-service, and an enterprise edition. It's built with open-source platform Drupal, a web technology for creating ambitious digital experiences and has more than a hundred thousand active contributors worldwide.
The project is developed by a team of 20 people in The Netherlands. Our offices are based in tech-hub from The Next Web (formerly known as TQ.co) in Amsterdam, and on the old market square in Enschede. Both are part of the Dutch StartupDelta; Europe’s largest startup ecosystem.
Our view from the Amsterdam Office (see TheNextWeb.com).
Success for us means being the global leader in online community software for NGOs, extranets, and ideation communities. We power social change, innovate with open-source software at scale, all while having the ambition to become a hundred-million-dollar company.
- Respond to customer inquiries through our ticketing system
- Troubleshoot, reproduce and report bugs
- Managing open support cases within the organization and finding a solution for the customer
- Pro-actively handle monitoring notifications
- Handle routine maintenance and administrative operations
- Keeping documentation up to date
- Staying up-to-date with new features/services and new pricing/payment plans
The experience you bring to the team
- Customer-minded and service oriented, capable of working in a fast-growing and dynamic environment
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Fluently English speaking or equivalent
- Organized and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both in verbally and in writing, to provide clear and empathetic customer support
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
And preferably also (nice-to-haves)
- Experience with B2B SaaS products
- Experience with open-source software such as Drupal
- Linux system administration
- Managing DNS
We offer you these benefits:
- Salary indication full time position: € 2.000-€ 3.000 gross per month
- Travel allowance and a modern pension plan.
- Plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development. According to 'the best employer ranking' of the NRC we even belong to the top 30 'new heroes' in The Netherlands, which we mainly owe to our high score on the personal development section.
- Inspiring workplaces in the heart of Enschede and/or Amsterdam.
- Excellent hardware and comfortable workplaces.
- Fun team activities, from running marathons in London to an elaborate new year's dinner.
- Collective lunches. You can join us without a fuss!
- A contribution for your gym or sports membership.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please submit your application by sending your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
@Recruiters: thank you for your interest, but we got this!