Hi there 👋!
We are Open Social. We develop online community software (think: your own private Facebook platform) that helps organizations like Greenpeace and the United Nations fulfill their missions.
Open Social is growing fast! Because of the recent 1.25M euro investment from Peak Capital and Nimbus Ventures, we are growing our position and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe and the US. That's why we are looking for a new senior HR manager to make sure we acquire and keep the right talent in our journey as a startup.
Sounds cool? Keep scrolling 👇🏻!
This will be your team!
What's the job?
We will be almost doubling our team this year. While having experience with the basics of hiring and onboarding, we want to take this to the next level. Setting up strategies, how to find the right talent, how to onboard people and how to make sure our core values are kept and reinforced in this time of growth.
You will be supported in day to day operational work by Angelique who works as a junior HR manager at Open Social.
We need your help to become the leading company in the area of online community software and community management. Do you accept this challenge 💪🏻?
Scroll down for the job requirements and what we offer!
A bit about us
Open Social empowers people by providing an open-source platform to build online communities of like-minded individuals. Replacing traditional intranets, Open Social fuels bottom-up innovation within organizations.
Early versions of our offering have won the prestigious Dutch Interactive Awards. The project, Greenpeace Greenwire, helps more than 100 000 Greenpeace volunteers bring positive change to the world around the globe. In The Netherlands alone, the software increased volunteering by 600%.
We offer our software in different versions: a free open-source distribution, a fully maintained software-as-a-service, and an enterprise edition. It's built with the platform Drupal, a web technology for creating ambitious digital experiences and has more than a hundred thousand active contributors worldwide. With ambitious new plans in our product roadmap, we aim to decouple our software’s front-end and back-end and create a more customizable and flexible headless platform.
The project is developed by a team of 25 people in The Netherlands and remote across Europe. Our office is based on the old market square in the middle of Enschede.
Impression Enschede office
We are an open adoption software company, meaning our products are free to adopt and open to modify. We believe that open adoption drives the next wave of software. Our collective pace of innovation will be world-changing. Success for us means being the global leader in online community software for NGOs, social intranets and ideation communities. We power social change and innovate with open-source software at scale.
- Create recruitment and (international) hiring strategies to fulfill our vacancies
- Help make the first shift in applicants and join in the first rounds of interviews
- Create our employee onboarding strategy and make sure it is followed by your team members
- Help us improve our employee review meetings and 365 feedback system
- Make sure our employees give great rates for Employee Happiness
- Understand career paths and how we can become better coaching for our employees
- Inform management about progress on plans made and where we still need to improve
- Understand the Covid-19 impact on working remote and how to mitigate these effects by reinforcing corporate values
The experience you bring to the team
- Relevant experience creating and implementing HR strategies, onboarding and employee happiness programs
- Experience with international hiring and relocation
- Experience with (partly) remote teams
- Good understanding of the Dutch legal system
- Experience in the IT sector is a pre
- You are highly collaborative and a good mentor to the members in your team
(Impress us with your ideas and experiences 😉)
We offer you these benefits:
- A position for around 24 hours per week
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- Possibility to buy equity in the company
- Travel allowance and a modern pension plan
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Enschede
- Excellent hardware and comfortable workplaces
- Fun team activities, from running marathons in London to an elaborate new year's dinner
- Collective lunches. You can join us without a fuss!
- A contribution for your gym or sports membership
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please submit your application by sending your cover letter, resume, and experiences to email@example.com.
@Recruiters: thank you for your interest, but we got this!