Hi there 👋!
We are Open Social. We develop online community software (think: your own private Facebook platform) that helps organizations like Greenpeace and the United Nations fulfill their missions.
Open Social is growing fast! Because of the recent 1.25M euro investment from Peak Capital and Nimbus Ventures, we are growing our position and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe and the US. That's why we are looking for a new SEA specialist with Social Advertising experience that has the unique skill to nail all pay-per-click/paid advertising campaigns we are running on Google (and eventually other search engines) and Social Media (LinkedIn and Twitter). Help us create stunning campaigns to power positive change across the globe with our product.
Sounds cool? Keep scrolling 👇🏻!
This will be your team!
What's the job?
We are looking for a SEA specialist with Social Advertising experience to play a key role in developing, executing and growing our paid marketing strategy. You will be responsible for creating, launching and optimizing all the paid campaigns we do to create more brand awareness and generate more leads. Not only our Search, Display and Retargeting campaigns in Google’s network (and eventually other search engines like Bing and Yahoo), but also engagement campaigns on social channels as LinkedIn and Twitter. We need your help to become the leading company in the area of online community software and community management. Do you accept this challenge 💪🏻?
Scroll down for the job requirements and what we offer!
A bit about us
Open Social empowers people by providing an open-source platform to build online communities of like-minded individuals. Replacing traditional intranets, Open Social fuels bottom-up innovation within organizations.
Early versions of our offering have won the prestigious Dutch Interactive Awards. The project, Greenpeace Greenwire, helps more than 100 000 Greenpeace volunteers bring positive change to the world around the globe. In The Netherlands alone, the software increased volunteering by 600%.
We offer our software in different versions: a free open-source distribution, a fully maintained software-as-a-service, and an enterprise edition. It's built with the platform Drupal, a web technology for creating ambitious digital experiences and has more than a hundred thousand active contributors worldwide. With ambitious new plans in our product roadmap, we aim to decouple our software’s front-end and back-end and create a more customizable and flexible headless platform.
The project is developed by a team of 25 people in The Netherlands and remote across Europe. Our office is based on the old market square in the middle of Enschede.
Impression Enschede office
We are an open adoption software company, meaning our products are free to adopt and open to modify. We believe that open adoption drives the next wave of software. Our collective pace of innovation will be world-changing. Success for us means being the global leader in online community software for NGOs, social intranets and ideation communities. We power social change and innovate with open-source software at scale.
Google Ads - Search, Display, Retargeting
- Create, launch and test new Google Ad campaigns
- Review, maintain and optimize existing Google Ad campaigns
- Create visibility in the full buying cycle of our customers
- Trend watching new markets and find new keyword and campaign opportunities
- Work closely together with the Content Marketer to improve copy, quality scores, and landing pages
Social Ads - LinkedIn and Twitter
- Manage all paid activities on our social channels LinkedIn and Twitter
- Promote blog posts and achieve maximal reach and engagement
- Drive downloads of our community guides and competitor comparisons
- Create target groups to make sure we reach our potential customers
- Build ABM campaigns to start building relationships with potential customers
- Come up with creative copy and graphical suggestions
- Work closely together with the Visual Designer to create maximal traction with the campaigns
- Research new markets to roll out
- Brainstorm and make concepts to grow the paid marketing campaigns
- Introduce new paid marketing channels (e.g. Drupal.org, referral programs)
- Monitor and manage the monthly set budgets
- Analyze campaigns and report on all advertising metrics per channel
- Set clear milestones and goals per month (and achieve!)
- Stay on top of the latest advertising trends and developments
- Supporting the rest of the marketing team with the overall strategy, messaging, branding, design, and other tactics.
The experience you bring to the team
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) in Communications, Marketing, or similar studies
- Popular PPC ad platforms as Google, Bing, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter has no surprises for you
- High proficiency with Google Analytics and platform-specific analytics tools
- 1+ years of experience working in a B2B setting, and preferably in a SaaS company
- Google Ads certified and/or equivalent certified for other ad platforms
- You speak English fluently (C+ level) and are intermediate in Dutch or German (B+ level)
- The ability to seamlessly work with marketers, salespeople, and engineers
- You are able to organize your own work, work independently and take initiative
- You don’t scare away from challenging goals to reach
(do you have examples of great campaigns and results? Cool! Impress us 😉)
And you get bonus points when you have experience with/in (nice-to-haves)
- Behavior models (like J.B. Fogg's B=MAP) and persuasion techniques
- Knowledge of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) (big plus)
- B2B SaaS product marketing and lead generation (big plus)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) or other equivalent design tools
- Growth hacking strategies in paid channel marketing
- Open-source software such as Drupal
We offer you these benefits:
- A position for 24 hours per week. Starting date: Preferably September 2020.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- Possibility to buy equity in the company
- Travel allowance and a modern pension plan
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Enschede
- Excellent hardware and comfortable workplaces
- Fun team activities, from running marathons in London to an elaborate new year's dinner
- Collective lunches. You can join us without a fuss!
- A contribution for your gym or sports membership
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please submit your application by sending your cover letter, resume, and great campaign examples and results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
@Recruiters: thank you for your interest, but we got this!