Hi there 👋!
We are Open Social. We develop online community software (think: your own private Facebook platform) that helps organizations like Greenpeace and the United Nations fulfill their missions.
Open Social is growing fast! Because of the recent 1.25M euro investment from Peak Capital and Nimbus Ventures, we are growing our position and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe and the US. That's why we are looking for a new Infrastructure Engineer with a drive for scaling software to help us power positive change across the globe.
Sounds cool? Keep scrolling 👇🏻!
This will be your team!
What's the job?
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to play a key role in scaling our SaaS product to support hundreds of projects worldwide. You will find ways to improve our current toolset, implement new features and make sure our infrastructure is able to scale in the years to come. You will support other development teams in optimizing their engineering processes, automating as much as possible.
We need your help to become the leading company in the area of online community software and community management. Do you accept this challenge 💪🏻?
Scroll down for the job requirements and what we offer!
A bit about us
Open Social empowers people by providing an open-source platform to build online communities of like-minded individuals. Replacing traditional intranets, Open Social fuels bottom-up innovation within organizations.
Early versions of our offering have won the prestigious Dutch Interactive Awards. The project, Greenpeace Greenwire, helps more than 100 000 Greenpeace volunteers bring positive change to the world around the globe. In The Netherlands alone, the software increased volunteering by 600%.
We offer our software in different versions: a free open-source distribution, a fully maintained software-as-a-service, and an enterprise edition. It's built with the platform Drupal, a web technology for creating ambitious digital experiences and has more than a hundred thousand active contributors worldwide. With ambitious new plans in our product roadmap, we aim to decouple our software’s front-end and back-end and create a more customizable and flexible headless platform.
The project is developed by a team of 25 people in The Netherlands and remote across Europe. Our office is based on the old market square in the middle of Enschede.
Impression Enschede office
We are an open adoption software company, meaning our products are free to adopt and open to modify. We believe that open adoption drives the next wave of software. Our collective pace of innovation will be world-changing. Success for us means being the global leader in online community software for NGOs, social intranets and ideation communities. We power social change and innovate with open-source software at scale.
- Develop high-quality, scalable and efficient software solutions
- Improving and expanding our current toolset that can manage hundreds of Open Social sites
- Automating deployments and other processes
- Approach challenges with a growth mindset
- Supporting the rest of the development teams with the overall automation, scalability and performance of applications
The experience you bring to the team
You have a bachelor's degree (or higher) in ICT, or similar studies and have 2+ years of experience. You speak English fluently and have strong communication skills. You are able to self-manage and take initiative. You have the ability to work together with other engineers. Besides we expect you to have experience with:
- Symfony, Laravel or a similar PHP framework
- Composer, the PHP dependency manager
- Cloud infrastructure
- Automation servers like Jenkins or similar
(Impress us with your code 😉)
And you get bonus points when you have experience with/in (nice-to-haves)
- B2B SaaS products
- Platform.sh and AWS
- Open-source software such as Drupal
We offer you these benefits:
- A position for 32-40 hours per week
- Travel allowance and a modern pension plan.
- Possibility to buy equity in the company
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam & Enschede (but we are flexible in working locations, remotely is also possible! And international relocation package is also available)
- Excellent hardware and comfortable workplaces
- Fun team activities, from running marathons in London to an elaborate new year's dinner
- Collective lunches. You can join us without a fuss!
- A contribution for your gym or sports membership
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please submit your application by sending your cover letter, resume, and code examples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
@Recruiters: thank you for your interest, but we got this!