Hi there 👋!
We are Open Social. We develop online community software (think: your own private Facebook platform) that helps organizations like Greenpeace and the United Nations fulfill their missions.
Open Social is growing fast! Because of the recent 1.25M euro investment from Peak Capital and Nimbus Ventures, we are growing our position and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe and the US. That's why we are looking for a new Head of Sales to lead, analyze and improve our sales strategy, get results and build our sales team.
Sounds great? Keep scrolling 👇🏻!
This will be (part of) your team!
What's the job?
We have grown our business with a strong focus on inbound marketing and sales. This year we hired our first market rep and expanded our customer success management team, but this is just the start. This year's goal is to further expand inbound sales, setting up an outbound and partnership team and work on better serving our existing customer base with additional customer success managers. We love the Winning By Design method, turning MQLs into SQLs into Wins into happy clients! We need your help to become the leading company in the area of online community software and community management. Do you accept this challenge 💪🏻?
Scroll down for the job requirements and what we offer!
A bit about us
Open Social empowers people by providing an open-source platform to build online communities of like-minded individuals. Replacing traditional intranets, Open Social fuels bottom-up innovation within organizations.
Early versions of our offering have won the prestigious Dutch Interactive Awards. The project, Greenpeace Greenwire, helps more than 100.000 Greenpeace volunteers bring positive change to the world around the globe. In The Netherlands alone, the software increased volunteering by 600%.
We offer our software in different versions: a free open-source distribution, a fully maintained Software-as-a-Service solution and an enterprise edition. It's built with the platform Drupal, a web technology for creating ambitious digital experiences and has more than a hundred thousand active contributors worldwide. With ambitious new plans in our product roadmap, we aim to decouple our software’s front-end and back-end and create a more customizable and flexible headless platform.
The project is developed by a team of 25 people in The Netherlands and remote across Europe. Our office is based on the old market square in the middle of Enschede.
Impression of our Enschede office
We are an open-core software company, meaning our core tech is free to adopt and open to modify. We believe that open adoption drives the next wave of software. Our collective pace of innovation will be world-changing. Success for us means being the global leader in online community software, social intranets and ideation communities. We power social change and innovate with open-source software at scale.
- Leading the young and motivated Sales department with junior, medior and senior professionals
- Track record scaling a SaaS startup from 1 to 10M ARR.
- Formulating and implementing the commercial go to market strategy for our product
- Overseeing all Sales activities and monitoring performance as a whole
- Setting and monitoring weekly/monthly/annual KPIs and targets and reporting to management
- Analyzing patterns in customer and market behavior
- Examining growth opportunities and enabling improvements
- Mentoring and coaching your teammates
- Managing key relationships on behalf of the business (e.g. partners)
- You are a native English speaker, or at least at the C2 level in English speech and writing.
The experience you bring to the team
Proven track record in a B2B SaaS Sales setting. You speak English fluently and have strong communication skills. You have the ability to seamlessly work with junior and senior salespeople, marketeers and engineers. You are able to self-manage and take initiative. Besides we expect you to have:
- You have a clear vision and approach to building and improving our sales team in order to reach our revenue targets
- Experience in mid-market and enterprise SaaS
- Understanding of the toolset that we need in this phase of our startup
- Understand the interactions between sales, customer success management and marketing teams
- You have experience developing sales strategies, tactics and targets
- You are highly collaborative and a good mentor to the members in your team
- You are eager to achieve challenging targets in a competitive environment
- You have a keen interest in conducting research and data-driven insights
- You understand marketplace models as well as it's opportunities and limitations
(Impress us with your track record 😉)
We offer you these benefits:
- A full-time position - 36-40 hours
- Possibility to participate in an equity plan of the company
- A competitive salary based on your experience and network;
- Travel allowance and a modern pension plan.
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam (international relocation package is available)
- Excellent hardware and comfortable workplaces
- Fun team activities, from running marathons in London to an elaborate new year's dinner
- Collective lunches. You can join us without a fuss!
- A contribution for your gym or sports membership
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please submit your application by sending your cover letter, resume, and track record/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
@Recruiters: thank you for your interest, but we got this!