Hello you! We're on a mission to power positive change across the globe by building software help organizations fulfill their missions.
According to an employment study by renowned Dutch newspaper NRC, GoalGorilla is among the top 50 best employers for employee personal development in The Netherlands. Join us at our TQ.co office in Amsterdam or in Enschede.
What's the job?
We're looking for an all-around Drupal developer to start immediately. You’ll be working on our enterprise projects in Drupal 8 and joining our agile team that builds large community platforms based on Open Social. This means working with user-generated content, tens of thousands of users, and high-impact projects for international clients such as Greenpeace and the United Nations. You’ll be challenged and will get the opportunity to make a difference for the company, our customers, and their stakeholders across the globe.
One thing you should know: we're a people-focused organization. We help each other, mentor each other, and continuously work on our careers.
Who are we?
Open Social is an open-source platform used to build online communities. Replacing traditional intranets, Open Social fuels bottom-up innovation within organizations. Our customers are ideation, external, NGO's and nonprofits, and innovative companies.
Early versions of our software have won the Dutch Interactive Awards in 2015. The community platform Greenpeace Greenwire helps 90.000 active Greenpeace volunteers bring about positive change around the world. Our software increased their volunteering by 600% in The Netherlands alone.
Our software comes in three versions: free distribution, a fully maintained standardized software-as-a-service, and a custom enterprise edition. Open Social is built using 'Drupal 8’, a web technology for creating ambitious digital experiences. It has more than a hundred thousand active contributors worldwide. The product is funded by GoalGorilla, a leading Drupal agency from The Netherlands.
Open Social is based in tech-hub TQ in Amsterdam and in Twente, and both are part of the Dutch StartupDelta; Europe’s largest startup ecosystem.
We are here to bridge the gap between you and your volunteers, employees or customers. Open Social powers 1000+ communities on a mission. What's yours? Let's go!
The knowledge you bring to the team:
We're looking for someone who can offer both technical skills and functional solutions on dito level. Here are the skills you should bring to Open Social:
- Knowledge of/ experience with Drupal is required.
- Very strong skills with PHP.
- Knowledge of/ experience with SCRUM or Agile methods is a big plus.
- Knowledge of/ experience with Symfony is a big plus.
- Knowledge of/ experience with technologies/ tools like Solr, Redis and Jira are a big plus.
- Knowledge of GIT or a comparable Version Control System.
- Higher education or equal ability.
- Multiple years of professional experience.
- Solid command of written and spoken English (because of our international customers and team members.
Our stack: Git, Drupal, twig, bootstrap, Sass, jQuery, docker.
We offer you these benefits
- A competitive salary and travel allowance.
- 50% work-from-home policy.
- Plenty of opportunities for personal growth. According to an employment study by renowned Dutch newspaper NRC, GoalGorilla is among the top 50 best employers for employee personal development.
- Gym subscription.
- Pension plan.
- Fully catered group lunch.
- Participation in (international) events like DrupalCon and Web Summit, as well as fun activities like the Gorilla Run in London and our annual Christmas party.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please submit your application by sending your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com. The first interviews are planned for March.
@ Recruiters: please do not approach us for acquisition.