Hi there 👋!
We are Open Social. We develop online community software (think: your own private Facebook platform) that helps organizations like Greenpeace and the United Nations fulfill their missions.
Open Social is growing fast! Because of the recent 1.25M euro investment from Peak Capital and Nimbus Ventures, we are growing our position and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe and the US. That's why we are looking for a new medior/senior Drupal Developer in our Core Team with a drive for creating high-quality software to help us power positive change across the globe.
Sounds cool? Keep scrolling 👇🏻!
This will be your team!
What's the job?
We are looking for a medior/senior Drupal Developer in our Core Team with an affinity for Open Source software to play a key role in the development of our community software. You will work collaboratively with team members and various stakeholders to build new and exciting features for our Open Source product. And you will also release the high-quality, stable and performant features to the Open Source community.
Other teams use the Open Source product to power our SaaS product. You work together with those teams to ensure they can deliver value and a great experience to our customers.
We need your help to become the leading company in the area of online community software and community management. Do you accept this challenge 💪🏻?
Scroll down for the job requirements and what we offer!
A bit about us
Open Social empowers people by providing an open-source platform to build online communities of like-minded individuals. Replacing traditional intranets, Open Social fuels bottom-up innovation within organizations.
Early versions of our offering have won the prestigious Dutch Interactive Awards. The project, Greenpeace Greenwire, helps more than 100 000 Greenpeace volunteers bring positive change to the world around the globe. In The Netherlands alone, the software increased volunteering by 600%.
We offer our software in different versions: a free open-source distribution, a fully maintained software-as-a-service, and an enterprise edition. It's built with the platform Drupal, a web technology for creating ambitious digital experiences and has more than a hundred thousand active contributors worldwide. With ambitious new plans in our product roadmap, we aim to decouple our software’s front-end and back-end and create a more customizable and flexible headless platform.
The project is developed by a team of 25 people in The Netherlands and remote across Europe. Our office is based on the old market square in the middle of Enschede.
Impression Enschede office
We are an open adoption software company, meaning our products are free to adopt and open to modify. We believe that open adoption drives the next wave of software. Our collective pace of innovation will be world-changing. Success for us means being the global leader in online community software for NGOs, social intranets and ideation communities. We power social change and innovate with open-source software at scale.
- Develop high-quality, scalable and efficient software solutions based on Drupal 8/9 and industry best practices
- Improve and expand our current features for the Open Source product
- Write a brand new GraphQL API to be consumed by our headless front-end and 3rd parties
- Manage the codebase; keeping it secure, up-to-date and maintainable
- Act as a gatekeeper; making sure that contributions from other teams or the community are of a high quality
The experience you bring to the team
You have a bachelor's degree (or higher) in ICT, or similar studies and have 3+ years of experience. You speak English fluently and have strong communication skills. You are able to self-manage and take initiative. Besides we expect:
- You are great with Drupal 8/9 and PHP
- You have a firm grasp of Git-based source control
- You know how to develop high-quality, scalable and user-friendly software solutions
- You are solution-oriented; always looking for the smart solution to a problem rather than jumping at the first answer
- You to coordinate with other developers on implementation issues
(Impress us with your code 😉)
And you get bonus points when you have experience with/in (nice-to-haves)
- Drupal distributions
- Building and maintaining GraphQL APIs
- Building and maintaining a SaaS product
- Caching and scaling techniques
We offer you these benefits:
- A position for 32-40 hours per week
- Travel allowance and a modern pension plan.
- Possibility to buy equity in the company
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam & Enschede (but we are flexible in working locations, remotely is also possible! And international relocation package is also available)
- Excellent hardware and comfortable workplaces
- Fun team activities, from running marathons in London to an elaborate new year's dinner
- Collective lunches. You can join us without a fuss!
- A contribution for your gym or sports membership
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please submit your application by sending your cover letter, resume, and code examples to email@example.com.
@Recruiters: thank you for your interest, but we got this!