Hi there 👋!
We are Open Social. We develop online community software (think: your own private Facebook platform) that helps organizations like Greenpeace and the United Nations fulfill their missions.
Open Social is growing fast! Because of the recent 1.25M euro investment from Peak Capital and Nimbus Ventures, we are growing our position and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe and the US. That's why we are looking for a new Customer Success Manager to enhance our customer's experience and build long-term relations by proactively managing the entire customer lifecycle: from onboarding, to the adoption phase, up to renewal.
Sounds cool? Keep scrolling 👇🏻!
This will be your team!
What's the job?
We have grown our business with a strong focus on inbound marketing, sales, and especially customer success. This year we hired our first market rep and expanded our customer success management team, but this is just the start. We are looking to further expand the CSM team to better serve our existing customer base. We are only successful, if our customers are. Therefore, we highly value customer relationships and active-communication. We want to support our clients in reaching their goals with our platform in various innovative ways. We love the Winning By Design method, turning new clients into long-life partners. We believe in an on-going customer journey rather than a customer top-down pipeline.
Therefore, we need your help to become the leading company in the area of online community software and community management. Do you accept this challenge 💪🏻?
Scroll down for the job requirements and what we offer!
A bit about us
Open Social empowers people by providing an open-source platform to build online communities of like-minded individuals. Replacing traditional intranets, Open Social fuels bottom-up innovation within organizations.
Early versions of our offering have won the prestigious Dutch Interactive Awards. The project, Greenpeace Greenwire, helps more than 100 000 Greenpeace volunteers bring positive change to the world around the globe. In The Netherlands alone, the software increased volunteering by 600%.
We offer our software in different versions: a free open-source distribution, a fully maintained software-as-a-service, and an enterprise edition. It's built with the platform Drupal, a web technology for creating ambitious digital experiences and has more than a hundred thousand active contributors worldwide. With ambitious new plans in our product roadmap, we aim to decouple our software’s front-end and back-end and create a more customizable and flexible headless platform.
The project is developed by a team of 25 people in The Netherlands and remote across Europe. Our office is based on the old market square in the middle of Enschede.
Impression Enschede office
We are an open adoption software company, meaning our products are free to adopt and open to modify. We believe that open adoption drives the next wave of software. Our collective pace of innovation will be world-changing. Success for us means being the global leader in online community software for NGOs, social intranets and ideation communities. We power social change and innovate with open-source software at scale.
- Onboard and educate new clients on how to use their Open Social platform
- Develop customer relationships with a proactive outreach
- Upsell extensions and services to our customer base
- Carry out business reviews on periodical basis
- Manage CSM tools and report KPIs to the management
- Collect and act on user feedback, for example on our roadmap
- Build a Customer Success Program with the CSM team
- Support the CSM team with the overall strategy, processes, and communication flow
- Manage and create content for our community platform - Community Talks
The experience you bring to the team
Experience in a B2B SaaS company. You speak English fluently and have strong communication skills. You have the ability to seamlessly work with the customer success management team, sales people and our engineers. You are able to self-manage and take initiative. Besides we expect you to have:
- 3+ years of experience in customer success management
- Innovative approaches and ideas to enhancing the customer's journey and experience
- A customer-focused mindset. “Our customers’ success is our success.”
- Great writing and communication skills
- Ability to mediate and communicate between teams and customers
- Tools and methods used to enhance and manage the customer experience
(Impress us with your track record😉)
And you get bonus points when you have experience with/in (nice-to-haves)
- Experience in community management
- Working with the Winning by Design Methodology
We offer you these benefits:
- A position for 32-40 hours per week
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- Possibility to buy equity in our company
- Travel allowance and a modern pension plan
- An inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam & Enschede (but we are flexible in working locations, remote is also possible!)
- Excellent hardware and comfortable workplaces
- Fun team activities, from running marathons in London to an elaborate new year's dinner
- Collective lunches. You can join us without a fuss!
- A contribution for your gym or sports membership
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please submit your application by sending your cover letter, resume, and great campaign examples and results to email@example.com.
@Recruiters: thank you for your interest, but we got this!