24-32 hours at Enschede or Amsterdam
We are Open Social. We develop online community software (think: your own private Facebook platform) that helps organizations like Greenpeace and the United Nations fulfill their missions.
We are looking for a Jr. Customer Success Manager to help us to power positive change across the globe. Sound cool? Keep scrolling!
What's the job?
In short: You support the Sr. customer success managers by making sure our clients love working with Open Social. Any problem they experience is successfully solved.
We are looking for a Jr. Customer Success Manager to develop customer relationships, proactively drive customer adoption and ensure customer loyalty. You will be initially responsible for onboarding customers, conducting quarterly business reviews, support, training, and encouraging renewals or upsells. most of all, you ensure that they are satisfied and work to improve the areas of dissatisfaction.
Over time, as the company grows, this role shifts to focus on strategic customer conversations. this role is not typically responsible for technical work or support; rather, they build relationships with the customers, work with teams to make sure that the services they need are provided and that the customer comes first at every step of the journey.
A bit about us
Open Social empowers people by providing an open-source platform to build online communities of like-minded individuals. Replacing traditional intranets, Open Social fuels bottom-up innovation within organizations.
Early versions of our offering have won the prestigious Dutch Interactive Awards. The project, Greenpeace Greenwire, helps more than 100.000 volunteers of Greenpeace bring positive change to the world around the globe. In The Netherlands alone, the software increased volunteering by 600%.
We offer our software in different versions: a free distribution, a fully maintained software-as-a-service, and an enterprise edition. It's built with open-source platform Drupal, a web technology for creating ambitious digital experiences and has more than a hundred thousand active contributors worldwide.
The project is developed by a team of 25 people in The Netherlands. Our offices are based in tech-hub TQ in Amsterdam and in Twente, and both are part of the Dutch StartupDelta; Europe’s largest startup ecosystem.
Success for us means being the global leader in online community software for NGOs, extranets, and ideation communities. We power social change, innovate with open-source software at scale, all while becoming a hundred-million-dollar company.
- Onboard Basic and Premium customers and support our senior CSMs in onboarding Enterprise customers.
- Follow up on month/year renewals.
- Spot upsell opportunities and set-up upsell campaigns
- Monitor platform health and respond to any alerts, red flags, poor health among customers.
- Coordinate our Customer Loyalty Program
- Monitor and follow up on NPS feedback.
- Perform Audits among our Basic and Premium customers
- Prepare Business Reviews for Enterprise customers.
- Prepare and perform Product Brainstorm sessions
- Manage the Open Social customer community and help share best practices
- Help organize offline events and meetups
- Schedule a kick-off with new clients and set up their support accounts
- Reaffirm all expectations, goals, and objectives of the client
- Implement important triggers; health alert, upsell and renewal alerts and more
- Share your experiences online in the form of a blog or video to help educate other customers
The knowledge you bring to the team
- Hands-on experience with account management or customer success (pre)
- Experience with CSM software (pre)
- Familiarity with spreadsheets (analyzing data and charts)
- Understanding of customer success metrics
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field (pre)
And preferably you are someone that... (nice-to-haves)
- Has excellent communication skills, both verbally and through the written word
- Feels comfortable talking to a customer base and build long-lasting relationships
- Is an empathic person that is able to understand, anticipate and articulate the customer’s problem
- Enjoys working in a startup culture with a team that is keen on success and learning
- Is passionate and proactive about solving hard customer problems
- Loves crafting messaging that captures people's interest
- Is not afraid of cold calling and are delighted to drive meaningful conversations with prospective customers
- Knows how to execute strategic prospecting—you can find the right people and get them interested
- Embrace technology in how you get your work done—we are pretty nerdy
- Have a track record of experimenting, building, and learning new things
- Want to grow your sales career and believe in selling from the heart
We offer you these benefits:
- A competitive salary, travel allowance, and a modern pension plan.
- Plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development. According to 'the best employer ranking' of the NRC we even belong to the top 30 'new heroes' in The Netherlands, which we mainly owe to our high score on the personal development section.
- Inspiring workplaces in the heart of Enschede and/or Amsterdam
- Excellent hardware and comfortable workplaces.
- Fun team activities, from running marathons in London to an elaborate new year's dinner.
- Collective lunches. You can join us without a fuss!
- A fully paid gym membership.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please submit your application by sending your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. The first interviews are planned in September.
@ Recruiters: thank you for your interest, but we got this!