We are Open Social. We develop online community software (think: your own private Facebook platform) that helps organizations like Greenpeace and the United Nations fulfill their missions.
We are looking for someone to help us to power positive change across the globe with amazing content marketing. Sound cool? Keep scrolling!
What's the job?
We are looking for a content marketer to play a key role in developing and executing our company's content strategy. You will be a member of the Open Social marketing and sales team that consists of conversion specialists, growth hackers and customer success experts.
Your goal is to grow the company’s online visibility, deliver the right messages at the right time using our personas and customer journeys. You help Open Social become an acknowledged thought leader in the area of online community software and community management.
Scroll down for requirements and benefits!
A bit about us
Open Social empowers people by providing an open-source platform to build online communities of like-minded individuals. Replacing traditional intranets, Open Social fuels bottom-up innovation within organizations.
Early versions of our offering have won the prestigious Dutch Interactive Awards. The project, Greenpeace Greenwire, helps more than a 100.000 volunteers of Greenpeace bring positive change to the world around the globe. In The Netherlands alone, the software increased volunteering by 600%.
We offer our software in different versions: a free distribution, a fully maintained software-as-a-service, and an enterprise edition. It's built with open-source platform Drupal, a web technology for creating ambitious digital experiences and has more than a hundred thousand active contributors worldwide.
The project is developed by a team of 25 people in The Netherlands. Our offices are based in tech-hub TQ in Amsterdam and in Twente, and both are part of the Dutch StartupDelta; Europe’s largest startup ecosystem.
Success for us means being the global leader in online community software for NGOs, extranets, and ideation communities. We power social change, innovate with open-source software at scale, all while becoming a hundred-million-dollar company.
- Develop content, including blog posts, white papers, and educational articles.
- Create enticing showcases together with our customers for the website.
- Manage the content creation process from ideation to publication and distribution.
- Manage the company’s editorial calendar on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Monitor the performance of content across the company’s different channels and maintain a set of ongoing metrics and reports.
- Develop and maintain a social media presence on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Assist where needed with international events and award recognitions.
- Support the rest of the marketing team with the overall strategy, messaging, design and other tactics.
The knowledge you bring to the team
- BA/BS degree.
- 0.5+ years of marketing experience in a B2B setting.
- Native English speaking or equivalent.
- Very strong written communication skills.
- Proven experience writing high quality content of different lengths (e.g., blog posts, white papers).
- Strong quantitative ability, experience with Google Analytics or similar services.
- Experience with social media and other content distribution channels.
- Experience working with content management systems.
- Ability to seamlessly work with marketers and engineers.
And preferably also (nice-to-haves)
- Experience with B2B SaaS product marketing and lead generation.
- Experience with growth hacking strategies in content marketing
- Experience with Google and Social media advertising.
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, and other design-related activities.
- Experience in the email marketing and/or marketing automation industries.
- Knowledge of / experience with open-source software such as Drupal.
We offer you these benefits:
- A competitive salary, travel allowance, and a modern pension plan.
- Plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development. According to 'the best employer ranking' of the NRC we even belong to the top 30 'new heroes' in The Netherlands, which we mainly owe to our high score on the personal development section.
- Inspiring workplaces in the heart of Enschede and/or Amsterdam
- Excellent hardware and comfortable workplaces.
- Fun team activities, from running marathons in London to an elaborate new year's dinner.
- Collective lunches. You can join us without a fuss!
- A fully paid gym membership.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please submit your application by sending your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. The first interviews are planned in September.
@ Recruiters: thank you for your interest, but we got this!