Hi there 👋!
We are Open Social. We develop online community software (think: your own private Facebook platform) that helps organizations like Greenpeace and the United Nations fulfill their missions.
Open Social is growing fast! Because of the recent 1.25M euro investment from Peak Capital and Nimbus Ventures, we are growing our position and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe and the US. That's why we are looking for an All-round Web Developer with Drupal experience (preferably) to develop smooth and interesting website experiences for potential customers and to support the Marketing Team with creating stunning landing pages and A/B testing activities.
Sounds cool? Keep scrolling 👇🏻!
This will be your team!
What's the job?
We are looking for an All-round Web Developer to join our Marketing Team. The getopensocial.com website is our primary marketing asset, the spot where everyone curious about or interested in Open Social learn more about unique products, find useful resources, and sign up for demos. We need your expertise to improve the website experience for our visitors and to make the CMS possibilities flexible for the Marketing Team as we add interesting new content and designs. Our current website is built with Drupal 8. Beside your practical web development skills, you also have an eye for design as well.
Your first two tasks are 1) rebuild the pricing page so visitors easily understand how our pricing model works, and 2) create an online quiz to help visitors select the right solution they need. Challenges accepted 💪🏻?
Scroll down for the job requirements and what we offer!
A bit about us
Open Social empowers people by providing an open-source platform to build online communities of like-minded individuals. Replacing traditional intranets, Open Social fuels bottom-up innovation within organizations.
Early versions of our offering have won the prestigious Dutch Interactive Awards. The project, Greenpeace Greenwire, helps more than 100 000 Greenpeace volunteers bring positive change to the world around the globe. In The Netherlands alone, the software increased volunteering by 600%.
We offer our software in different versions: a free open-source distribution, a fully maintained software-as-a-service, and an enterprise edition. It's built with the platform Drupal, a web technology for creating ambitious digital experiences and has more than a hundred thousand active contributors worldwide. With ambitious new plans in our product roadmap, we aim to decouple our software’s front-end and back-end and create a more customizable and flexible headless platform.
The project is developed by a team of 25 people in The Netherlands and remote across Europe. Our office is based on the old market square in the middle of Enschede.
Impression Enschede office
We are an open adoption software company, meaning our products are free to adopt and open to modify. We believe that open adoption drives the next wave of software. Our collective pace of innovation will be world-changing. Success for us means being the global leader in online community software for NGOs, social intranets and ideation communities. We power social change and innovate with open-source software at scale.
- Make the backend flexible so the Marketing Team can easily edit and create new blocks and pages
- Research and brainstorm new design, interaction, or content ideas to improve the website
- Improve the loading time and general performance of the website
- Solve technical issues on getopensocial.com
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to launch A/B tests to improve conversion rates
- Support the rest of the marketing team with your technical thoughts and skills
The experience you bring to the team
You have a bachelor's degree (or higher) in ICT, Computer Science, Informatica, or similar studies and have 0.5+ years of experience in a B2B setting. You speak English fluently and have good communication skills. You have the ability to seamlessly work with marketers and salespeople. Besides we expect you to have the following skills:
- You have experience with Drupal 8
- You create work that is responsive, progressive and consists of approachable and performant HTML
- You have knowledge of the technical side of SEO and are able to fix technical issues to help to improve our rankings in search engines
- You can easily translate concepts into working prototypes
- You can bridge the gap between marketing and technology
- You are able to organize your own work and work independently
- You love to learn new things
(Impress us with your portfolio 😉)
We offer you these benefits:
- A position for ~24 hours per week
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- Possibility to buy equity in the company
- Travel allowance and a modern pension plan
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Enschede
- Excellent hardware and comfortable workplaces
- Fun team activities, from running marathons in London to an elaborate new year's dinner
- Collective lunches. You can join us without a fuss!
- A contribution for your gym or sports membership
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please submit your application by sending your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
@Recruiters: thank you for your interest, but we got this!